Learn to use metaphors and stories to engage attention, inspire action and be a more persuasive leader, trainer, salesperson, coach, fundraiser or speaker.
If you’re looking for a master storytelling coach and trainer who can teach your people how to tell THEIR stories in a more effective and engaging manner, you’ve come to the right place. This is not theory based education, this is practical application.
- Do you want to write a persuasive speech?
- Do you want to get your point across in an engaging and entertaining manner?
- Do you want to sell more of your product or service?
- Do you want to influence and inspire people to achieve better results?
- Are you stuck in PowerPoint purgatory and want a way out?
“We brought Doug Stevenson in to teach his Story Theater Method to both our senior trainers and our senior management here at Oracle University. He was a huge success. Since that time, I’ve personally used what I learned from Doug and have found it to be practical, valuable and fun. I’ve also hired him two more times to work with other groups. His workshop is both inspirational and very practical, with easy-to-use tools and techniques. I’m constantly looking for opportunities to bring Doug back into Oracle and I highly recommend him. Doug Stevenson delivers!”
Elizabeth Wiseman, VP, Oracle University
There’s a big difference between conceptual training and training that changes people’s behavior. Conceptual training is intellectual in nature and provides important information. I specialize in experiential training that get’s people up on their feet practicing new skills and techniques.
Skill Building Training
- A combination of knowledge transfer and experiential learning
- Includes auditory, visual and kinesthetic stimulation
- Is highly interactive and participatory
- Challenges people to step out of their comfort zones
- Get’s people up on their feet and physically involved
- Is fast moving and fun
The ideal group size for skill building training is 12 – 25 people. The smaller the group the more each person learns. While I prefer smaller groups, I will work within the parameters of your meeting.
What you can expect:
- Group participation
- Comfort zones will be challenged
- Everyone will be on their feet multiple times
- An interactive workbook with workbook exercises
- Some individual coaching from the front of the room
- High energy and lots of laughter and fun
- Practical application and immediate results
- A wonderful team building event
- 90 minutes
- 1/2 day sessions
- Full-day sessions
- Multiple day sessions
- Story Theater Retreats – two and one-half day intensive for 4 – 6 people
- Customized format to meet your individual needs
What sets The Story Theater Method for storytelling in business apart?
Great stories are more like a movie than a report. Like a good movie, they are crafted to stimulate an emotional as well as a logical response. They are engaging and effective because they activate the listener’s imagination. You haven’t really connected with your audience until you’ve told a story.
Just telling a story however is not enough. You’ve got to know what you’re doing to be effective. If it’s the wrong story, told in a rambling, all-over-the-place manner, without a strategic point that is well branded, it can be a waste of everyone’s time.
Corporate Storytelling in Business is Serious Business – It Gets Results!
My form of storytelling for business professionals is a blend of the practical and the theatrical. As a result of utilizing my unique Story Theater Method, speakers, trainers, leaders, salespeople, entrepreneurs, fundraisers and business professionals at all levels give more interesting and memorable presentations. They make something happen!
I will challenge your people. I will speak the truth. As a result, your leaders will learn to inspire and motivate when they speak. Your salespeople will sell more and your managers will communicate more effectively.
- Corporate training – leadership, train-the-trainer, coaching
- Keynote speaking – The Power to Persuade – The Magic of Story
- Story Theater Retreats – advanced presentation skills and storytelling intensive for 4 people
Call Deborah Merriman to check Doug’s availability and fees at 1-719-310-8586.