Calendar of Webinars
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Give a TED/TEDx Talk:
Feb. 5 or Feb. 8, 2019. See below for info and registration.
- Subscribe to the Newsletter to be notified of upcoming live webinars.
- See below for pre-recorded webinars that you can watch at your convenience.
10 Things You Need to Know to Give a TED Talk
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The difference between TED and TEDx
- What it takes to be chosen for a TED or TEDx event
- How to audition locally, or virtually
- Five common mistakes that will keep you from being chosen
- How to make your audition irresistible to organizers
- How to prepare once you’ve been chosen
- How much you’ll be paid to speak
- Who your competition is and how organizers choose a roster of speakers
LIVE Webinar times: (Select your desired time when you register.)
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 10 am Pacific time / 1 pm Eastern time / 7 pm Central European time
- Friday, Feb. 8, 5 pm Pacific time / 8 pm Eastern time / Saturday 9 am Singapore time
Investment to attend Webinar:
- US $57 if you register within 72 hours, by Dec. 10
- US $77, if you register by January 18, 2019
- US $97, if you register after January 18, 2019
- This is a LIVE Webinar.
- It will NOT be recorded for later playback / access.
- Enrollment is limited.
- You will receive a link to join the Webinar 24 hours ahead of the date/time you select at registration.
Register online at: Live Webinar – Add to Cart
Check out our self-paced, online video eLearning series:
- The Next Level Storytelling Video eLearning Series: Now you can learn the Story Theater Method with this instant access, self-paced, online video series. Click here to learn more.
Please contact us for information on bulk purchases of this Video eLearning Series or installing it on your internal LMS.
- Now AVAILABLE: pre-recorded, three-part Webinar workshop, entitled
Storytelling Mastery – How to Tell an Inspiring Story
Anyone can tell a story, but telling a story that inspires people to change requires a different skillset. It requires craft, courage and vulnerability. It also requires the ability to share a deeper truth and to harness the power of emotion. In this three-part webinar workshop, Doug Stevenson will show you how to take your storytelling to the next level.
Here’s what’s covered in Session One of this THREE-PART Webinar Workshop:
1. Find your most inspiring stories
2. Identify the emotional triggers
3. Develop characters that come alive
4. Manage your emotions
5. Create three-dimensional environments
6. Think “scenes” – not sequence
Also includes pdf workbook for each session.
- Now AVAILABLE: pre-recorded, 75-minute webinar workshop:
Storytelling at Work:Internal Business Presentations – How to Make an Emotional Connection and Get Your Point Across
Internal presentations at work can make or break a career. They not only communicate your content, but they also highlight your leadership ability and future potential. The ability to present yourself with confidence, poise and professionalism is essential to your success. It helps you get the buy-in you need when you make proposals or go for that promotion.
The one thing that will slow you down, however, is to give a boring presentation that fails to make an emotional connection. The secret to making a real connection, while simultaneously delivering relevant content, is storytelling.
It is widely accepted that stories work on many levels. They make a point, teach a lesson or sell a product, service or idea. But the right story will also sell YOU. If you want to make a positive impression that will be remembered for weeks, months or maybe years to come, one well-chosen and crafted story will do the trick. If you want that new assignment or promotion, step-out, stand-out and tell a story. But not just any story – it has to be the right story, that makes the right point, for the right presentation.
In this 75-minute webinar workshop, you’ll learn how to find the right story using Doug’s Story Safari System. Then, you’ll learn how to craft the story using The Nine Steps of Story Structure. And finally, you’ll learn six essential presentation skills techniques that will allow you to present your story with confidence, clarity and focus. You’ll discover how to let your authentic self shine through, while also getting your point across.
Set yourself apart by learning how to apply Storytelling at Work in your Internal Business Presentations. You’ll receive an email with access link, password, and pdf handout.
- Now AVAILABLE: pre-recorded, 90-minute webinar workshop:
What’s Your Story: Find Your Stories with the Story Safari System
In this webinar workshop you’ll learn how to find stories in everyday situations. You don’t need a life-threatening event to have a powerful story. The trick is to know what to look for, where to look for it and how to determine if the story is worth telling.
Join Doug as he leads you on a Story Safari to find your meaningful stories. In no time, (or at least in 90 minutes), you’ll have the ability to find the story you need to make the point you want to make. You’ll identify stories that get lots of laughs and stories that are filled with emotion. You’ll identify stories that market and sell your product and services; and stories that explain who you are and what you do. Stories are everywhere. You just need to know where to look. Learn to find relevant and powerful stories in everyday situations, meaningful moments and more. You’ll receive an email with access link, password, and pdf handout.
Subscribe to the Newsletter to be notified when new Webinars are released.
- Does your team need a customized Live Webinar tailored to your organization’s storytelling needs?
Contact us to discuss creating a Webinar training just for your group.