October 4, 2010
Storytelling in Business Workshop – Story Theater Retreat
The Story Theater Retreat is a storytelling in business professional development workshop unlike any other. It is held at the Peak View Studio in Colorado Springs in the home of Doug Stevenson and Deborah Merriman. Make no mistake, this a a serious presentation skills learning experience with a focus on storytelling in business.
The Retreat is unique because:
- there are only four students
- you’re in a wonderful home with astounding views of the Rocky Mountains
- Deborah will attend to you like you’re in a five star hotel
- it’s an acting and comedy class for business professionals
- it uses story as a vehicle to expand your speaking skills
- you’ll learn how to use movement and staging
- you’ll discover how to work with a range of emotions
- The Story Theater Method is proven storytelling technology
- Colorado Springs is a wonderful destination for transformation
- I am an intuitive coach who will meet you where you are (watch the video)
- you’ll be on your feet being coached and video recorded for approximately two hours
- rather than being told what not to do – you’ll be set free to be your amazing self
- you’ll be provided with healthy food and snacks like fruit, vegetables and power bars
We schedule retreats two ways: 1) we put specific dates on the calendar and people register for the dates that work for them; or, 2) we use the “collaborative scheduling” method to schedule retreats based on your schedule, and the schedules of others who are interested to attend. If none of the dates listed below suit you, we ask that you call us and give us date options that work for you. Give us three or four date combinations spanning three consecutive days. When we find four people who can attend on the same dates, (and I’m also available!), we make it happen. It’s up to you.
The cost is $2500 and includes my book: Doug Stevenson’s Story Theater Method, the Story Theater Audio Six Pack 2 CD set, and The Dynamite Speech System 10 CD/workbook system. You also get two 30-minute coaching calls with me. One coaching call is before the Retreat and one is afterwards.
If you’d like to talk to me to about the retreat, feel free to call me and we’ll spend a few minutes on the phone. To schedule a call with me or to register for the retreat of your choice, call Deborah at 719-573-6195.
The October 13, 14, 15 retreat is full.
The next scheduled dates are:
- October 21, 22, 23
- November 4, 5, 6
- January 6, 7, 8
- March 30, 31 April 1
- May 15, 16, 17
The links below will take you to You Tube videos with actual footage from the Story Theater Retreat along with testimonials from retreat graduates. Listen to what these business professionals have to say about working with Doug to improve their presentation and storytelling skills. Watch these videos. Then call to register or inquire about alternate dates that fit your schedule.