Retreat Overview & Schedule
- Only 4 students per retreat (possibly 5 students for overseas retreats)
- $2950, payment plans available
- Lodging and airfare not included
- Retreats take place in Tucson, Arizona
- All levels of experience are welcome
- You will receive preparation guidelines and materials
- You will receive individual coaching and attention
- Your presentation and coaching will be video recorded
- Format is one afternoon plus two full days; A Retreat can begin on any day of the week
- Hotel discounts are available
- Snacks, 2 lunches and 1 dinner provided
Story Theater Retreats – Tucson
Retreats are generally held in Tucson, AZ.
Collaborative Scheduling Method: We use a “Collaborative Scheduling” method to set the Retreat dates. We list multiple date options possible for each month. We then coordinate with those people who are interested to attend a Retreat, and create a Master list of possible attendees in the order that we receive your available dates. Retreats can start on any day of the week, and go for 2 1/2 days, consecutively.
When we have 3 or 4 people who have indicated that they can attend on the same dates, we contact each person in “first come, first serve” order, and invite them to register. We believe this allows for more expedient confirmation of each Retreat.
Only 4 Students
Please contact our office if you are interested in attending a Story Theater Retreat. We’ll let you know the dates we are working on, or you can propose dates that are ideal for you, and we’ll see if they can work for others.
Please contact our office if you wish to be notified when Doug is offering Retreats in overseas locations. This happens very rarely!
To help you prepare, you get the Story Theater Method Book, and audio CDs or mp3s. You also receive The Dynamite Speech System to continue your learning after the Retreat.
Your retreat registration includes a copy of the Story Theater Audio Six Pack in audio CD format, (or mp3 download, if preferred), The Introduction to Story Theater in 2 audio CDs (or mp3 download, if preferred), a copy of the book: Doug Stevenson’s Story Theater Method (formerly titled: Never Be Boring Again), and 30-minute pre and post-retreat coaching sessions by phone. We also give you Doug’s How to Write and Deliver a Dynamite Speech System at the Retreat to help you create your whole keynote. (10 CDs and an 80-page workbook.)
If you are interested in attending a Story Theater Retreat, please contact Deborah at 1-719-310-8586 or by email: Deborah@DougStevenson.com.
Sample Story Theater Retreat Format
(overseas retreats are slightly different)
- First afternoon: 3:00 – approx. 7:30 pm;
- Next day: 8:30 am – approx. 5:00 pm; (homework this evening)
- Final day: 8:30 am – approx. 5:30 pm. (celebration dinner this evening)
Customized retreats for your company, mastermind group or training team are available in Tucson, AZ, or at your location.
Sample of Retreat Agenda (subject to change)
First Afternoon (3:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- Group introductions
- Basic concepts of Story Theater
- Brain Gym balancing exercises
- Impromptu story and introduction to character development
- Emotional engagement and presence exercise
Day Two (8:30 a.m. – approx. 5:00 p.m.)
- Group warm-up exercise
- Terms and definitions
- The Four Types of Language
- The Nine Steps of Story Structure
- Message Branding with a Phrase That Pays
- Stepping IN and Stepping OUT
- On-camera storytelling and coaching, take one
Day Three (8:30 a.m. – approx. 5:30 p.m.)
- Group warm-up exercise
- Comedy Exercises (Physical comedy, Vocal comedy, Conceptual comedy)
- On-camera storytelling and coaching, take two
- Group celebration dinner
Or copy and paste this url into your browser: http://www.storytelling-in-business.com/retreats/retreat-registration/